Grant Submission Guidelines and Application
Phase 2: Grant Submission Direction Sheet
Student leaders showcase their H.E.A.R.T. used throughout the Bucks for Bears experience. Students will choose from 3 options to showcase their caring H.E.A.R.T.s:
- Produce a 3 minute or less video
- Write a 500 words or less essay
- Create a community art project with written interpretation 300 words or less
Entries will be judged by the criteria outlined in H.E.A.R.T.
H – Healing
E – Empathy
A – Action
R – Raising Awareness
T – Teamwork
Specifically, Catherine Cares would like your submission to showcase your school’s H.E.A.R.T. by answering the following questions:
- What fundraising event did you implement to raise funds for Bucks for Bears? (Action, Raising Awareness & Teamwork)
- How did you decide on that specific event? (Action, Raising Awareness, & Teamwork)
- What impact do you think your event had on families? (Healing & Empathy)
- How did participating in Bucks for Bears impact you/make you feel? (Healing & Empathy)
All submissions are due by Friday, April 7, 2017.
In late April 2017, a letter will be sent to every participating school informing them of the outcome of the grant process. All participating schools will be recognized with a Thank You poster.
The winning school will be presented with the grant check and a Thank You poster. Arrangements to deliver a round of bears to one of Catherine Cares’ hospital partners will be made between school staff, the Bucks for Bears committee, and hospital personnel.
For questions, email email@example.com or call 314.277.8332.